Saturday, December 7, 2013

Many Schoolies in Sandy Hook, NJ



In the web some fishing reports about Sandy Hook state that many schoolies are in the surf now.
So I fished there again this morning from 6 till 9, and I caught three shoolies with the sand eel flies. They were small but very fat. I also got many bites.
The spin fishermen around me probably caught many more fish than I did.

As a note:  During the low tide in the early morning, a lot of white water was created by the wave.  I caught the three schoolies and experienced many bites in this white water.
But as the incoming tide advanced, the wave didn't make much white water anymore, and the action gradually died down.  

                                           I am happy with the catch today.  The striper season hasn't end for me yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment