Sunday, August 10, 2014

Tenkara Fishing the Mountain Pond and Fly Fishing the West Branch of the Delaware in the Catskills





I caught many brookies with a tenkara rod in the above Catskills mountain pond yesterday morning.
Whatever flies I used, the fish took them.
I got so many brookies in this pond that I probably caught more than the total I got in the mountain streams so far this season, though most of them were small.









In the late afternoon I went to the Upper Game-land Pool in the West Branch of the Delaware.
Today only several  fishermen were there.  After 7 o'clock, I was the only one left.
The big pool was all mine.




When I first arrived, there were not many bugs on the water or rising fish.
Later when I was alone, I spotted a good size fish rising a little downstream from me.
It was the only good size fish rising within my sight.
I presented a few kinds of duns, then I threw a #16 pheasant tail floating nymph which a 17+ inches brown took.
Well, that was it!
Even more bugs were drifting on the water in the late evening, I saw no more good size fish rising.




                         When I was leaving, the super moon was rising above the Catskills Mountains.






No comments:

Post a Comment