Sunday, December 9, 2012

Little Neck Bay (III)


I fished at the Bay again early this morning and caught several schoolies.
They were all small.
I felt I had gotten enough of them.

I usually don't reel the line when a fish is hooked.
I continue stripping the line and land the fish, especially a small one.
I cannot reel in the fish because when the fish is hooked, usually at that time the long running line has already piled up in the stripping basket.
If the hooked fish is big and strong enough to pull all the running line from the stripping basket, then I can use the reel.  But it seldom happens.
Most of the time I strip the line to bring the fish in as if the fish and I were playing the "tug of war".


            

  


                                                                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment