Sunday, December 2, 2012

Little Neck Bay



I want to fish the south shore of Long Island before the striper season ends.
The West End of Jones Beach is one of the few public areas open for fishing after Hurricane Sandy.
So yesterday I went there, but I was skunked.
I felt that was it, the end of my striper fishing season.

Today was warm and nice.
So I went to the closest fishing spot from my home,  Little Neck Bay, without much expectation.
The bay is a famous fishing spot for early spring striper, but not for other season.
I figured that I would be happy just to practice spey casting, overhead casting, etc with my long spey rod.
As it turned out, today was quite a productive fishing day.
I landed two schoolies.

Oh boy!  The season has not yet ended.























No comments:

Post a Comment