Monday, April 1, 2013

Little Neck Bay 2013(Ⅳ)all Sic guides rod


I fished the Bay yesterday afternoon for 3 hours and hooked one, but failed to land it.
Since started the season fishing the Bay for almost a month, I haven't caught any yet.
Maybe I won't start fishing so early next year.
Though I haven't got any fish, I don't think I waste any time as I need to practice the two-handed rod casting.
I need to practice often, especially the spey casting.
Here is a good point for the fan of the two-handed rod fishing.  Even you don't catch any fish, you can have an excuse for just casting practice.

During off season, I replaced all the guides of my 10-weight 15-foot two-handed rod with Sic guides.
I have used the rod couple of times. It performs well as expected.
I can cast the line farther than before. It becomes easier to cast the line with the shooting spey which I often use in the Bay because of  the limited back space.
One of  the reasons the shooting spey casting makes easier is that the rod's better casting ability allows me to use less power, thus prevent blown anchor.
  
I think if someone wants more casting distance, rather than spending a large sum of money on the latest high end rods, it is worthwhile to spend a little time and money to replace the rod guides to Sic or other ceramic guides as most makers' rods are equipped with the wire guides except stripping guide.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment