Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tenkara Fishing in Croton - The Trout Season Ends.


Last Saturday we fished the West and East Branch of Croton to conclude this year's trout fishing season.

I caught a beautiful 15+ inches rainbow in the East Branch as a nice season's finale.
   




















My wife got many browns in her favorite pools in the West Branch.

We were happy to end the season with these catches.











On Sunday I planned to go to the Breezy Point jetty,
but instead I went to Croton again because saltwater fishing seemed still slow.
The pools that were productive on Saturday were very quiet,
and yet I found a pool with fish rising to tiny ants.
I caught many browns with midge flies similar to ants in sizes and looks. They really like ants.




No comments:

Post a Comment