Monday, June 9, 2014

Tenkara Fishing in the Croton Watershed



Today I went fishing spot hopping: the Amawalk Outlet, West Branch Outlet and East Branch of Croton River. When I arrived at Amawalk, each access point had already parked with cars.  Sunday is usually quite crowded here.

I wasn't even able to catch one fish in my couple hours of fishing. This stream is just too small for too many fishermen.  I'd better go as early as possible to beat other fishermen for my favorite spots on Sunday.




My luck turned around when I fished in the pool under the bridge of East Main Street in Brewster.
There was a good caddis hatch, so I could enjoy catching many browns with elk wing caddis flies.
Dry fly fishing with tenkara rod is indeed as much fun as with the regular fly rod.
I had a good fishing day!




2 comments:

  1. dchieu@hotmail.comJune 9, 2014 at 1:58 PM

    Great pics. Enjoy you blog and videos. Hope to be as successful when I get back into fly fishing again... missed the last few years. Hit the same areas since I also live in New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your next outing.

    ReplyDelete